Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nauvoo

Last month I went with my parents, and Danny & Jessica to pick up my grandma May from her mission in Nauvoo. It was so much fun!
The only thing that would have made it better was if my sweet husband would have been there to experience it with us. I know he would have loved it. What a good husband he is to let me go without him while he stayed home to work and go to school.
You are the best hun!



Here are some pictures from the trip.



My mom and I in front of the Nauvoo Temple after doing a session.
If you ever go to Nauvoo, make sure you do a session if you can. It is amazing, you will love it. There was so much that I loved about Nauvoo, but the temple was one of my favorite things.




My dad got to make a horseshoe in the blacksmith shop. It was so fun to watch him because he absolutely loved it, and everyone loved watching him. A group of people came right as he was finishing up and they did not want him to leave. I was so glad that I was there to see him do that.

I LOVE this picture because it is really hard to get my dad smile for a picture.



The Calvin Pendleton Home and School was one of my favorite homes to go to. The sister missionary gave us examples of how the pioneers would spell.

Without looking further down, guess what this says.
It says wearing apparel









Carthage Jail.




We stayed right in Old Nauvoo in the Pountain House.
Joseph Smith signed the deed for this house.


Grandma in her play. She was so fun to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You updated your blog! I just thought to myself yesterday that I should have told you to update your blog when I was texting you! You must have read my mind! I love all the pictures of Nauvoo. Isn't that place wonderful! I had to go without my husband too, that was the worst part. Anyway, I love you and miss you! I can't wait until Thanksgiving so that we can get to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for updated blogs haha! I loved going and seeing Grandma. I think that is so cool that Uncle David got to make a couple of horse shoes. I miss you Krista Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must've been an awesome experience for your dad to get a smile like that.How awesome! I'm so excited for your baby to get here! You'll be such a good little mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVE A BLOG! I didn't know!! I'm adding you to my list. You guys look great! Krista, I see a cute baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete